Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Renew my Visa

Travelers to the United States may, under some circumstances, renew their visas without appearing at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate for an interview with a Consular Officer. The website can help you determine if you might qualify to receive a visa without an interview.

How to Apply

Create an account at and answer the questions. If qualified to receive a visa without an interview, you will receive instructions to send your documents to the Consulate. The website will instruct you which documents to send, and by what method. In addition to the documents listed on the application website, please send the documents listed below for the class of visa you are applying.

Incomplete documentation will result in a delay in processing, additional expenses and possible refusal of visa issuance.

Required Supporting Documentation

C1/D Visa: Current Work Contract or Company Letter

F Visa: Current I-20 and SEVIS payment

H Visa: Current petition

I Visa: Copy of journalistic credential and current contract or letter of employment

J Visa: Current DS-2019 and SEVIS payment

L Visa: Copy of current petition.

M Visa: Current I-20 and SEVIS payment

O, P, Q, R Visas: Copy of current Petition

Travel with current visa in an expired passport

Additionally, some governments allow their citizens to travel with a valid visa in an expired passport, provided the traveler also has a valid passport. If your government allows travel with a valid visa and a combination of an expired and valid visa, then the U.S. government will allow you to travel to the United States with your old passport containing a valid visa and your new, valid passport.