The U.S. Department of State is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa system, which are affecting global operations. This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country or visa category. We recognize and deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers. We are doing everything possible to return passports with visas as soon as we are able to complete processing. We regret that we are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be. The most current information is available at: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english.html.
We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter and apologize for the inconvenience.
To avoid travel delays and disappointment, the U.S. Embassy in Rome and the U.S. Consulates General in Milan, Florence, and Naples encourage you to apply early for a visa. Students and exchange visitors should apply as soon as they have the required documents for their visa type.
We recommend beginning the visa application process at least one month before your anticipated travel to the United States. This ensures time to schedule an appointment, conduct an interview, determine whether a visa can be issued, and arrange for delivery. Final travel plans or the purchase of non-refundable tickets should not be made until the visa is received.
To begin the process to receive a visa, visit the website:
Here is a very brief outline of the steps involved in securing most visas:
1) Create an account on this website: https://usvisa-info.com
2) Complete the DS-160 online application available at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
3) Pay the MRV fee with a wire transfer or by debit card
4) Schedule an interview appointment with a consular officer using the https://usvisa-info.com website
5) Attend your interview appointment; receive the consular officer’s decision
6) If denied, your passport will be returned to you at the conclusion of the interview; if approved, the passport will be forwarded to DHL within 2 business days
7) Three business days after DHL receives your passport it will be available for pick up at the Point of Service location you selected when you made your appointment. Once your passport is at the Point of Service location, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to pick it up. If you selected the home delivery option, delivery will take a few business days longer.
8) In review, if approved for a visa, your passport should be available for pick up at the DHL Point of Service location approximately 5 business days after your interview; allow a few extra days for home delivery.
Attention “No Fee” Visa Applicants
If you are applying for only a “No Fee” visa (A, G, NATO, C-2, C-3, and diplomatic visas; also certain “J” visas for official U.S. Government-sponsored educational and cultural exchanges, with a program serial number on the Form DS-2019 beginning with prefix G-1, G-2, G-3, or G-7; i.e. Fulbright program, etc.) you may access information on the website https://usvisa-info.com. HOWEVER, you cannot schedule an appointment using this website. For “No Fee” visa applicants only, please e-mail your desired location (http://italy.usembassy.gov/visa/contacts.html) directly (Florence, Milan, Naples or Rome) to schedule an appointment. Again, this is only for “No Fee” visa applicants.
If you are renewing your visa, and meet specific requirements, you do not need an interview.
Please click here for more information.
Visa Applicants from Iran
Though you may apply for a non-immigrant visa at any US consulate in Italy, citizens of Iran are strongly encouraged to apply at either the US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey or the US Consulate in Dubai, UAE. Both of these locations have Farsi speakers for translation and interview, and deeper expertise in the adjudication of visa applications for Iranian citizens.
"برای "برای ایرانیان درخواست کننده احتمالی ویزا"
اگر چه شما در هر کنسولگری ایالات متهده آمریکا در ایتالیا میتوانید درخواست ویزا ی غیر مهاجرتی نمایید، اما ما شهروندان ایرانی را شدیدا ترغیب به درخواست ویزا یا در سفارت آمریکا در آنکارا)ترکیه( و یا در کنسولگری آمریکا در دوبی)ا مارات متهده عربی ( می کنیم. این نمایندگیها هر دو دارای کارمندان فارسی زبان برای ترجمه و مصاحبه بوده و نیز از دانشی گسترده در تصمیم گیری در مورد درخواستهای ویزا ی شهروندان ایرانی ، برخوردار میباشند.(...more information)