American College, University and Research Programs in Italy
When considering attending a U.S. study program in Italy, a distinction should be made between:
- the numerous (currently 146) semester- or year-abroad programs offered by U.S. accredited institutions of higher education, and
- degree-granting institutions.
Semester- or Year-abroad Programs offered by U.S. accredited institutions of higher education
These study-abroad programs in Italy are open only to students already enrolled at these institutions’ home campuses in the United States.
The vast majority of U.S. accredited higher education institutions present in Italy are members of the Association of American College and University Programs in Italy (AACUPI).
For more information on American colleges and universities in Italy, please visit the AACUPI website: http://www.aacupi.org
U.S. colleges and universities with degree-granting programs in Italy
The following universities with degree-granting programs based in Italy accept applications for admission from the general public, irrespective of nationality:
- American University of Rome - AUR- (Rome)
- John Cabot University (Rome)
- St. John’s University (Rome)
- The Johns Hopkins University – The Bologna Center Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) (Bologna)